Official White House Photo by Pete Souza
I enjoyed theWhite House’s Delivering on Change photoset on Flickr.
Interesting for me personally were the behind-the-scenes shots, which reveal, in mannerisms at least, that Obama the President doesn’t look a whole lot different than Obama the Guy on a Book Tour Who Maybe, Just Maybe, Could Run for President.
By Pete Souza
For the last week I’ve been buried under enjoying our last couple weeks in California and trying to finish editing Lilly’s wedding before we move. Photos will be light, but Twittering should remain active for those wanting to keep in touch.
We roll into Austin on May 1! Can’t wait!
Wondering if the Tea Party in Austin today will compare at all to the immigration-law protests back in 2006, which didn’t have a huge discernible effect on legislation. Guessing these won’t either… God willing.
Probably my favorite shot from the wedding. Took me a while to edit, though, because there was a light fixture in the background that appeared to stick straight out of Lilly’s head. Three cheers for the digital age.
This is why I always try to fly Southwest:
- Months ago, book an SFO-Dallas flight using frequent flyer miles.
- Get laid off.
- Have to move back to Texas.
- Call United and ask to cancel my flight and hopefully get back some FF miles.
- Woman tells me that she can cancel my flight, but there’s a $150 charge to re-credit the miles. However, since I lost my job, I can get that $150 refunded by calling United’s refund department.
- Call refund dept. Agent tells me that fees for re-crediting FF miles are non-refundable. But since my flight’s already been canceled, I’m stuck with that $150 charge on my credit card. For my FREE flight. Which I got because I was such a loyal customer.
- Remind the dude that I canceled the flight because I LOST MY JOB and am broke. No luck.
- Request to speak to a manger, which apparently means waiting for a manager to call me back sometime in the next 24 hours.
Way to go, guys.
UPDATE: Holy lord, my story is nothing compared to the woman who couldn’t be at her mother’s deathbed because a United ticket agent went on break. WTF is wrong with this company?
Lilly says this is classic Mark.
The set of Lilly and Mark’s wedding on Flickr.
Many more to come. Congrats, guys! Tons of fun, and the old house was sweet, too.
From Yael and Ross’s wedding.
Will spend the rest of the week sorting the photos from Lilly and Mark’s wedding, where I was actually on the clock.
Both ceremonies were beautiful, and a blast to boot.
Couple Days Ago
Off to Austin for a double-dose of weddings that coincidentally fell on the same weekend. Ross on Saturday, Lilly on Sunday. Stove Top.